Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Being A Kid... At Heart

I miss my childhood days where the only thing that I worry about is school. Passing my tests, what baon I have, the level of practice we have after class and the game over the weekend.

Growing up, life becomes more complex. You will encounter different endeavors that you can never imagine. You will meet people that you only dream of meeting. You meet others that you wish you had not met. You want to erase a lot of painful memories. Thinking what went wrong and how to redo things over again. You want to turn back time and make decisions in another way. Hence, you will dwell on these obstacles without noticing that your growth stops and thus you think that I wish I'm still a kid and go back to where everything is simple.

But you can always be a kid. You can make your life simple. You should never make things more than what they may seem. I did a lot of thinking this past days and it struck me just now. I am just making things complicated. I am trying to chew more than I can eat. I am trying to do 8 things when I have only 2 hands.

I tend to forget to have fun and enjoy my life. I tend to put everything else aside and my problems in front. I tend to look at the micro picture rather than the macro.

What I need is not to be 8 years old again but go back to basics. Simplifying complex situations and thus lessening stress and making better decisions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.